Monday, August 21, 2006

Why?

Why do I do really well all week and fall over on the weekends? I know I keep asking myself this but everything I try just doesn't seem to work.

This weekend I decided to keep myself busy and not think about food which went brilliantly on Saturday and I was very happy Saturday night and even got a few WW biscuits with my coffee.
Sunday was a different thing, I have sort of had a cold the last week or so - you know the ones that just won't come? They tease for days with sore bones, sore throat, clogged up nose but never really turn into anything serious............well on Sunday I woke up feeling yuk but still OK (make sense?). I managed to get some housework done once Andrew went to golf (he cooked me a lovely omelete for breakfast) and made the kids lunch and then Adam went for his afternoon sleep about 1pm and that's when I hit a brick wall. Reece wanted to play on the computer which I said yes to and I sat on the couch with a blanket, coffee and the remote and watched mindless TV (The E channel) for 3 hours *gasp*......... I know, I know............
Reece thought it was Christmas because he is never aloud on the computer for that long but he was a quite as a mouse the whole time and Adam slept for nearly 4 hours (didn't I pay for that later on.........LOL). At about 3pm I was really hungry so I went to the back fridge and got out a KING SIZE Crunchie bar and figured if I gave half to Reece it wouldn't be as bad (???? Duh!).

Andrew got home and bought fish and chips (for him and the kids) but I just couldn't resist. I had 1 fish and 2 chip buddies *sigh* and then (of course) I felt worse that night as I felt like I had a layer of fat in my mouth.

Managed to get my ironing done before I went to bed and woke up this morning feeling OK (not sick enough to stay home) but it is now 3.24pm and I'm feeling crappy again.
I have so much on this week that I just can't afford to have any time off which sux.

Anyhoo - It's Andrew's 37th birthday on Sunday and we have some friends coming over Saturday night for a Chinese meal and I have already gone through my 'takeaway points book' and worked out what I can have plus I have a whole week to save a point here and a point there.
Then on Sunday we are going to have a 'family day' with just us and the kids and I will cook him a yummy roast for dinner. He is one of the hardest people to buy for but I managed to get tickets to 'The Laughing Samoans' which are these comedians that he just loves and we are going to go out for dinner before the show (more points to save up.......LOL).
To say weekends are challenging is an understatement!

Not much else to report - ta ta for now.

3 comments:

Ang said...

Do you know what? It doesn't sound like you have been that bad! Such not 110% angel, but not so bad either. If you know what I mean. lol.

I hope you are feeling a lot better soon, cause feeling OK doesn't really cut it ay

Karen said...

I agree with Ang my dear... you have had a slip up but it doesn't sound that bad over all. Remember we are always here if you need to talk... take care xx

Anne said...

I find weekends so hard as well - the unexpected hits and it becomes hard to stay on track. Good thinking saving some points for the weekend ahead:)