Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back to normal

All better now.......thank god.

Andrew has now got the bug and is in bed for the day, so his theory of sleeping on the couch while I was sick (more like so he could watch the golf all night) didn't work.

So the kids and I are back in form and hubby should be OK this time tomorrow, the world will come to an end before then I'm sure just because he is sick *wink*.

I have been really good with my steps and have hit 4000 by lunchtime today which is great considering I have a desk job and I got on the exercise bike again last night.

ThingsI have made an effort NOT to do this week is eat hot chips for lunch (I don't buy them but my friends do and I always pick) and no lollies (we have to stop at the gatehouse on our way back to work and the guard always has a full lolly jar) so this has got to help with my daily points and I'm not so sluggish after lunch (go figure!).

I have kept active and I can honestly say I don't think I have watched any TV this week apart from the bits and pieces of the news.

Overall I am feeling positive and have had quite a few compliments this week for some reason (losing 2.4kgs in one day with illness had to help....hahaha) which always keeps me focussed.

I am also seeing the effects of my efforts rub off on the kids in particular. If I am not watching TV and doing something else, they tend to do the same thing and instead of turning the TV on at all they will play with their lego or ride their bikes (weather permitting) so the whole family is feeling more active.

Tonight is weigh in and I don't have anything organised for dinner (I always eat dinner after I get back from weigh in - surprise, surprise!) and since hubby isn't going to feel like anything I thought I would treat me and the kids and have some takeaways (ie. McD's for the kids and subway for me) which will be nice and easy.

Be back in the morning with my weigh in results - I'm thinking it will be a big one with all the above factors (fingers crossed).

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Glad you are doing great, don't be surprised if the weight you lost due to illness comes back, mine did! bugger

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Glad you are feeling better.... bit of a bummer that hubby ended up with it..and no doubt he got it worse than the rest of you...hehe..
good luck for weigh in!!!

Anonymous said...

glad you are better, it's going around over here too... fingers crossed we don't get it.

that's not the only thng, have you been reading the news lately about the 4 Perth toddlers who have died from some viral/bacterial infection with flu like symptoms, scary as hell.

hope weigh in went well

off tmw - flex day, i'm planning a career move and want to do it now. i hate making decisions and then having to wait.

anyway, you take care!
x

Teresa said...

Nice to hear you're feeling better, too bad DH is down and out. Good luck with the weigh in.

Anonymous said...

You guys have had your fair share of sickness this year haven't you, you poor things. Glad you are feeling better.

I was going to wish ya good luck tonight but I don't think you need it as you seem to have done amazingly with not watching tv etc and the sickness was an extra bonus aye because you would have lost anyway.

Love Chubbymum

Anonymous said...

Hey, it’s good to hear you after a long time. I think in modern days, weight is an important part of life. So, I always make sure that I eat healthy and exercise daily.