Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No weigh in last night.
No real excuse besides I was really tired and cold and didn't want to go out.

Work moan to follow:
The other lady who works with me has been off all of this week and I've just heard this morning that she may be back next Tuesday.........WTF???

The job I do is enough for nearly 2 people and now I'm having to do her job as well (some stuff just can't be left) and my boss just comes up (weak as piss) and asks if I'm OK to which I say "Well I have to be don't I?", hence the quick escape he made a few seconds after that.

I don't mind being busy because my normal day to day stuff is really busy and I don't even mind having to do her job for a day or two but anything more is just too much. She is in her late 50's and just wants to finish work and reckons she can convince her hubby to let her stop if she keeps getting sick (she has said so in so many words) but I am the one suffering as our company has said we can't get anyone else in because of 'head count', I hate that excuse 'head count'. I mean if you don't have enough people to do the job, you don't have enough people!!

Right, rant over. I'd better get back to work seeing as I am going to be here quite late tonight.

P.S. The little fella is all better (fingers crossed) and I am feeling 100% again. I'm drinking my water and feeling great.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Awww - hope you don't have to work too late tonight:-(

Don't blame you for not going out to weigh in last night. This weather makes you feel like hibernating!

Mel. said...

Oh Rachel I so understand where your coming form with work. I'm in a similar position but I've been doing 3 jobs for the past 3 weeks cause one lady is sick, my own and relieving in a (higher grade) vacant job, which I've just been given.
Hope things get better for you.

Anonymous said...

Not good when work is stressful like that. Your boss needs a kick up the backside..

Big hugs

Love Chubbymum

Helena said...

managers need a damn good kicking!

Lyn said...

that sucks!! hope it gets sorted for you! and yay on not being sick (one of the few :D )