Monday, July 16, 2007

Slipping

Sat down yesterday morning after getting up, going to the loo and jumping on the scales and being 1.8kgs heavier than my last weigh in (nearly 2 weeks ago) and thought about what I'm doing with myself to be putting weight back on.

I realised that nearly on a weekly basis, something is slipping. I thought back to when I started this weightloss (again) in August 2006 and what I was doing then to do so well. I was wearing my pedometer, walking heaps, counting points, taking my vitamins, drinking water and in general just being more active (especially of a night).
I am not doing ANY of these at the moment, OK I am drinking water but not nearly as much as I was a few months ago but that's it.

So today (gotta love Monday's) I put on my new pedometer I got for my birthday over a week ago, got my points books back out (not guessing), took my multi-vitamin and filled up my water bottle first thing this morning and last night I got organised (something I love being) and got the kids, dinner, lunches etc done nice and early.

The only thing I have to still work on is my exercise which I am hoping to get sorted tonight when I ask hubby to bring in my exercise bike (set up on that thing so I can use it when stationary) into the spare room as I just don't get the opportunity to exercise on my own with Andrew's work committments and the kids at the moment but if I have it at home (inside), I WILL FIT IT IN, even if it is at 11 o'clock at night once everyone is in bed.

Right, got that off my chest and I feel much better now.

Friday night was a blast and myself and the hostess got blastered while our other 2 mates were driving so they were unfortunately enough to listen to us blabbering on (at least that's how I remember it).....LOL.

Woke up with the worse hangover I've ever had (seriously) and I'm sure I only had 1 cocktail and about 1.5 bottles of wine. Thru a few panadol down my throat and then chucked the kids in the car and off we went for the day (shopping and visiting friends). Got home and had leftovers for dinner and Andrew and the boys went to bed early so I stayed up until after midnight watching 'Superhomes' on Sky TV and drinking coffee and just enjoying the peace and quiet and being on my own............bliss!

Sunday was another day to get the boys out of the house (haircuts, new shoes/clothes for the new school term) while hubby did his paperwork (poor bugger has moutains of it) and set up the spare room as an office. The kids had a TV and DVD player (in the spare room) as well as their games and stuff, so we moved that into their bedroom and even though it was wonderful having them both in bed by 7pm watching their own TV, we will definately have to watch that as I don't want them in their room constantly watching TV and not being with us.
After the a lovely roast dinner I kicked into action with my getting organised (as mentioned above) and then managed to crawl into bed about 10pm.

I love weekends with my family, even though I wanted a quiet weekend it really wasn't too bad as I was out and about but it was with the kids and they are getting really well behaved in public......hahahaha.

I have a photo post coming but it has been too cold to go into the spare room and download my photo's........soft I know - haha.

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Good luck with the new attitude and riding your bike at night. I am looking forward to the photo post! And to seeing you soon!!!! YIPEEEE!!!

Anne said...

My lighbulb has gone a little dim as well! Good planning Rachel on getting how to stop slipping back.

Lyn said...

I find wine gives me terrible hangovers. I stay away from it unless there is nothing else on offer.

It's always good to get back to basics and re-evaluate what we're doing. I need to do this for myself too.

Anonymous said...

It is hard this weight loss journey isn't it..

I have gone back to wearing my pedometer in the last 2 weeks and I have joined the www.walkingwithattitude.com and have been so enjoying increasing my steps etc.

I have also starting tracking again and now I just to sort out my portions as they are getting bigger again.

It is a hard journey but we can do it and so can you.

Love Chubbymum

Lee-Anne said...

It's easy to get complacent every now and then, in fact its pretty normal, we lose weight and get comfy, but we need to move. Good on you for giving yourself a shake up. It's not always easy balancing everything.

Sounds like a great weekend to me. I wouldn't worry too much about the boys spending more time in their rooms than with you guys. At the moment it is a novelty. Always remember to eat dinner together as a family for a start and you will find the boys will just naturally want to be around you anyway.

Christine said...

At least you have figured things out and you know how to kick it in the butt now! :) You take care of yourself.

Nic said...

Rachel I would quite like to send you an email, my email address is kiwinicz@gmail.com if you are happy for me to do so.