Monday, July 23, 2007

The easiest way to lose weight

DON'T EAT and either throw or poo everything else out.

Yep I got that horrid vomitting/diahorrea bug off the kids after having Friday off work with Reece (Adam had it Wednesday). Luckily the kids didn't get it half as bad as me and only really had the vomitting and slept all day but me.....WHOA I have never spent so much time in our toilet in one day.

I weighed myself in the morning about 7am (as I usually do) and I was 91.3kgs and I then re-weighed myself at 7pm and I was 88.9kgs - 2.4kg's in 12 hours!!

I got a phone call later in the day to say the other lady wouldn't be at work this week so I had to drag myself in here this morning which was a major effort.
I had 2 pieces of toast yesterday morning (which came straight back up) and still haven't eaten anything and it is now Monday afternoon. I am finding it really hard to even keep liquids down but just had to have a coffee about an hour ago and so far so good.

Anyway, I know as soon as I start eating the weight will go back on but boy it actually felt good to see an 8 come up rather than a 9 last night on the scales....sick eh?

So needless to say, I haven't gotten much done since last Wednesday with two sick little boys and one sick Mummy. I have tried to keep my water and food on track (apart from yesterday and today) and got on my bike twice. The highest day for my steps (8,496) was actually on Friday (I think) one of my days off which just goes to show I do heaps more running around at home than I do here at work.

I haven't caught up with anyone's blogs or commented so sorry about that but I will get to them soon hopefully. With the other lady here at work off for a minimum of a week, I'm going to be flat tack so may not comment as often.

Be back with weigh in results on Wednesday.

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh dats not good! Hope you start to feel better soon mate. Hope you don't give the bug to your workmates, unless they are all wanting to lose some weight!

Anne said...

Sorry to hear that! Hope you get over it really quickly. Although maybe one bonus was seeing the 80's on the scale!!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog - it's only a temporary break.

Tracy said...

Damn it woman you are SICK!!!!! It is not your fault the other lady is away, I bet she wouldn't be dragging her sick butt to work. You need to take time off to get better (I used to do the matyr thing too and all that happens is you get sicker for longer and more often).

Name: Lynise said...

Oh Rachel, sorry to hear you not well. Seems everyone I hear from (read about) has copped it this year.

I think I would have told work that they were out a luck with getting you back in there.
If you sick, your sick, and as Chris said, whats the point in sharing it round all the staff so they have an even bigger problem .

Hope you feel better real quick.

Teresa said...

Get well soon. Take care

Felicity said...

this bug is a beast and knocking the best of them down...give in and stay off your feet get wel soon.
Looking forward to meeting you at Chris' party

Anonymous said...

Hun that isn't good at all. Take care of yourself hun.

Big hugs
Chubbymum