Friday, July 06, 2007

Birthday Girl...........

Yep on Saturday I turn 37 years old.
I'm celebrating by staying in bed Saturday morning while Andrew and the boys bake me a birthday cake and then spending the day with my family (hopefully going out weather permitting) and then Saturday night Andrew and I are going out to one of my favourite restaurants - The Cobar in Eastbourne.

Sunday I'm having my eldest sister and her hubby for lunch (to give me my pressie..hee hee) as I wanted Saturday just for us and the kids. I'm trying to think of something light and healthy for lunch that is different as sissy and her hubby have both been on Jenny Craig and are still eating really well. Any idea?

So I'm still banking on a quiet weekend, which will be lovely.

I thought I'd also mention that I'm feeling amazing! The last couple of days I have felt really good and I think it is because I have been drinking my water, getting more organised of a night (housework, lunches etc) and I have been more active and taken on something that Lee-anne said which was to wear clothes that are a bit snug which is giving me the incentive to have them NOT SNUG the next time I wear them and I think its working.

I have on my size 14 jeans (just had to say size 14 again *squeal*), which will be worn through soon, as it is winter and they are 3/4 jeans but I am wearing them to death. I also put on a really nice t-shirt with pretty light and dark pink embroided flowers on it that I got off my sister about a year ago and haven't been able to wear as it is a size XL (yep, only 1 X) and was too tight BUT when I put it on yesterday it practically fits (just a bit snug around my hips) enough so that I wore it to work today for 'casual Friday' and have had several compliments.....YAY.

So I look kinda weird as it is a cold and rainy day in Wellington today but here I am with 3/4 jeans on and a t-shirt with pretty pink flowers.........LMAO.
I don't care, as long as I feel good (and I do) that's all that matters.

13 comments:

Anne said...

Size 14!!! So good to see results of all your hard work!! You are right about the water, I just haven't had any this week but piles of coffees, feel bloated. Seems weird but I feel more alert, fresher when I drink water.

Have a wonderful birthday Rachel and hope you get thoroughly spoilt.

Lunch - a couple of things you could think about - what about baseless quiche with salad. I do one with zuchinni, leeks and chicken bacon. You can make any recipe healthier by swapping half of the eggs for egg whites only. Or toasted vege paninis with mushrooms, peppers, red onion and some chutney on the side. Roasted pumpkin, kumera salad with a few pine nuts and pumpkin seeds on top.. Have fun!

Jules said...

Good tactic getting the sister over for lunch right on birthday time. Hope you have a lovely night out and enjoy yourself - 3 years to 40 - woo hoo!!

Kate said...

Hope you have a fantastic birthday!!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday for Saturday. Have agreat day.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow chickee! Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned so I hope it all goes well for you.
And woohoo on the size 14 jeans and XL top!!! I am so jealous but yes only I can do something about that.
Have an awesome weekend

Lee-Anne said...

Huney, Happy birthday. Wake up and smell the roses. You are so worth it.

Yep, the snugger clothes idea really works. Honest.

Have an abosuletly brilliant day tomorrow. Your life is absolutely what you make it. So make it a good one. Do not cheat yourself.

I am so looking forward to meeting you in the next few weeks.

I know we will impact on each others lives. Even if it is just making a new friend. Isn't that fantastic.

Enjoy your weekend love.

The Candid Bandit said...

I LOVED Lee-Annes idea to wear snug clothes too!

Happy Birthday for a few hours time! I hope you have an utterly fabulous day!

Chris H said...

Woooo hooooo , and happy birthday for tomorrow!!!! 37, just a baby still. I think the most joy out of getting slimmer is the clothes we can wear, and how we feel about it..... its fantastic eh???

Mel. said...

Happy birthday for Saturday and I hope you have a great birthday.

Teresa said...

Have a Happy Birthday and enjoy all the celebrations. All the best for a great year. Keep up the good work.

Christine said...

Birthday wishes sent to you! And the thought of just hanging out at home and sleeping in sounds like the picture perfect day to me! Take care.

cranky said...

Hey girl, did you get my invite to my blog? Can you email me at belinda@crankybee.com and let me know? I'm having BLOGGER ISSUES! GRRRR! And size 14! JEALOUS!

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday for Saturday!! :)