Monday, July 09, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrr

0.5 degree's when I left for work this morning, took me ages to defrost the car enough to drive it. I had on 6 layers of clothes........really, its THAT cold!

I had a lovely birthday (thanks for all your birthday wishes) that started with me sleeping in to 9am and then having a lovely cooked breakfast (omlette) and then Andrew and Reece taking off for a few hours (bliss!) which just left me and the little fella (who was a wee angel all day).
I ended up baking my own birthday cake with Adam and we iced it with pink icing and sprinkles (I do have pictures but haven't downloaded them yet).

My Dad babysat that night and Andrew and I went to The Cobar Restaurant and it was TO DIE FOR. Let me tell you what I had:

Bread and oils to start with (1 small bread roll)
Pumpkin and kumera soup for entree
Toasted almond, bean and mushroom risotto for main (this was devine)
Shared cheese board for dessert (I ate most of the fruit and 2 crackers with cheese)

Oh and a bottle of wine.....hehehehe

I felt I did really well with my choices and I enjoyed every mouthful.

Got home and let Dad go back to his place and then the little fella came out grizling and I took his temperature and it was 39.4.......wow poor little thing.
Got the pamol into him and sponged him down with a cool face washer which helped and then he slept with me. Unfortunately his temperature is still up and he has a runny nose and generally just miserable. Since I had time off last week for myself and time off with him the week before, it was Andrew's turn to stay home with him and Reece (who is still on school holiday's) and after a phone call from Andrew, I was told all is well and he is snuggled up on the couch with the fire going.
Boy that kid has had a hard time of it this winter.

Oh yeah, I also had my sister and brother-in-law for lunch on Sunday and I made roasted pumpkin and kumera salad with walnuts, red onions and a citris dressing plus chicken, camember (sp?) and mango chutney panini's with another feta, kiwi fruit salad............YUMMO my mouth is watering just thinking about it. She also bought homemade banana piklets with jam and cream (which I passed on) that went down a treat with the kids.

All in all a good weekend.

8 comments:

Anne said...

Good on you Rachel - you celebrated well! Great food choices too - shows how we can do it and still enjoy.

Hope your little boy is soon well - winter is so hard going with kids.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Glad you had a top day.... Making your own cake isnt so bad... least you know what is in it!!!
Food sounded yummmmmo....
And dont worry about your little man.. its all part of growing up i am afraid.. every cold just helps built a better immune system for later on!!!
Take care and have a top week!

celtic_girl said...

Happy Birthday for last Saturday.

Brrrr, I hate the cold, hope your wee boy get better soon.

Chris H said...

Woo hoo for a great weekend, and fantastic food choices! Pumpkin and kumera salad... ewwwwwwwww! Two veges I do not eat, super yuk! Bugger about the wee guy being ill, stooooopid winter ills. I can relate to them now!

Mel. said...

Glad you had a great day and your choices sound so yummy. I too hate the cold and hope you have a good week.

Name: Lynise said...

hi ya,
Yowers it sounds cold down there at the moment and as much as I think Wellington is a lovely city, I could never live in that kind of climate. Cold and me have never been good friends. (mmm, maybe I've subconciously put on weight to try and combat the cold,,,,, interesting thought)
Anyway, belated birthday wishes. I'm only just catching up with my blog reading as I've been struck down by the dreaded winter flu and havn't felt much like looking at a computer screen in recent days. Your pumpkin/kumera salad sounds scrummy, I might have to use those combo's next time I want to do something a bit different as it sounds really yum.

Jules said...

Stop your whining, was -3 here the other morning!!

All that food sounds divine!!

Oh and a belated happy birthday.

14pk said...

OOOOOOOOO i know that brr feeling, i got up on sunday morning in wellington and my car was a blanket of ice!!!!!!!!

sounds like you're doing an awesome job in every part of life at the moment...you're in the right head space!!! thats half the battle!!!