Wednesday, May 03, 2006

All I can say is "WOW"

I went and seen Debb Webber from 'Sensing Murder' last night and "WOW" she is awesome.
The producers from the Sensing Murder program were there and I didn't realise it was produced in Wellington..................GO WELLINGTON!!!!

Anyway - Andrew and I hurriedly picked the kids up, got them (and Pop) fish and chips for dinner, got changed and shot into Wellington. We arrived at about 6.10pm and high tailed it over to the Green Parrot for our 6pm booking. Now I have here that the Green Parrot is excellent but I beg to differ, all the food is is Grills (Big breakfast style). There wasn't one healthly choice on the menu except for a 'side salad'. I ended up having the rump steak and pasta and it was horrible, heavy and by the time I was half way through I felt sick. Andrew managed to polish off the remainer of the steak but that was it. He had lamb chops, chips, eggs etc and absolutely loved it. So we won't be going back there again!!!

Went over to the Michael Fowler Centre and waiting for my sister and niece to arrive and in we went. We were quite impressed with our seats and had an awesome view of the huge screen which was on the stage. Debb came out and basically went around the audience and picked people out that had 'souls' standing next to them wanting to talk *shiver*.
I must admit that some of them started out very general but when she actually got into it, it was amazing how accurate she was. She was on for over 3 hours and even when we breaked for 10 minutes, she kept talking to people. She seemed like a really geniune women and I was very impressed to have seen her live. (and no, she didn't pick us out for a reading.......thank god!)

The downside to the whole night was half way through her show I began getting a headache and by the end of the show I felt like I was going to throw up it was that bad. I managed the car ride home and dosed up on Panadols and went straight to bed but I have woken up with it this morning, so another dose of Panadols.

Apart from my horrible dinner last night, my food was excellent and I managed a really good half hour walk with a slight incline. I have been looking at it (an overbridge) for the last couple of days and kept thinking "I'll tackle that next week" but yesterday I gave it a go and was pleasantly suprised with myself. Water was fantastic (pee'ed all day long.........you didn't need to know that ah?) and I must admit, I am feeling a little better already.

2 comments:

Carla said...

awesome! im a huge fan of Sensing Murder! they are so unbelievable and fascinating! love it!

isnt it funny how one persons "nice or yum" when it comes to food, is another persons horror! happens to us all the time, people recommend a place, we try the place and think "why?"

Karen said...

Yeah all I have heard about Green Parrot is how great it is so its good to get another "slimmers" point of view on it so thanks for that.
Glad you enjoyed the show last night- sounds like it was great.