Sunday, May 07, 2006

Skater Chic !!!!!!!!!!

I had the most fun day on Saturday!! I haven't laughed so much in a long time and had such good company to share the day with. I met up with Jo and Helena at the skating rink on Saturday and we got our skates on and off we went, now Helena has even bought her own skates (which are very nice I might add) and has the skating thing pretty much down pat but Jo and I were a little less - shall we say - coordinated.
Just trying to stand once we had the skates on was a bit of a mission but we soon got into the swing of things and all 3 of us were on the rink. Jo took the right approach and went nice and steady but not me - oh no - I figured that I was more stable the faster I went (which was right) but the only problem with that is, the faster you are going, the more it hurts when you fall.
I had the most embarrasing fall (hollywood worthy) down one end of the rink when I tried to avoid a young child and ended up spread eagle on the deck, legs which haven't done (and weren't meant to do) the splits for years and a knee which took all the impact.
Jo and Helena didn't see me (thank god) so I only had a few young kids that had a bit of a giggle.
I got back on my bike (so to speak) and carried on skating, didn't really feel that bad until that night when Andrew and I went up for a meal at the Cossie Club with Jo and Chris and my knee was getting stiffer and stiffer. I was trying to hide it because dear old hubby would have said "told ya so" and I wasn't having any of that (because I intend to get back to the rink asap) so I hobbled along but this morning while trying to get out of bed to go to the loo....................OMG!!!
Pain like nothing I have felt, someone was stabbing me with very sharp knives in the side of my knee and I could hardly put my foot on the ground.
Andrew (suprisingly) was very supportive and wanted to run me a hot bath but I was scared I wouldn't be able to get out of it........................LOL, so he rubbed some antiflame cream on it for me. It is now feeling a bit better but I am just taking it easy today at home.

So an unfortunate end to my skating experience but it WILL NOT stop me because I had the time of my life and fully intend to get there as much as possible - I might even look for some skates on Trademe.

So a lovely day skating (and meeting the lovely Helena for the 1st time), then a lovely evening with my mate Jo and her hubby Chris (the meal was horrible though with not a lot of healthy choices) and home and in bed by about 11.30pm (I think).......LOVELY!

I have just gotten off the phone with another dear dear friend - Jax - who now lives in Whangarei. We use to live in the same street in Lower Hutt but her hubby got another job and they had to more. I just hate when you find a really good mate and you love their company and have such fun together and then they have to move away but luckily we have stayed great friends and still keep in touch regularly.

Well I promised the kids I would help them with their colouring in, so best I go and do that.

2 comments:

Helena said...

Crikey! Hope your knee is doing ok now ... like you said the faster you go the bigger the mess ... hmmmmm where have i heard that one before LOL

JustJo said...

Yesterday was sooooo much fun!!! Hope the knee is feeling a bit better now!