Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mitre 10 Mega

I just had the best Warm chicken salad I have ever had in my life and it was at mitre 10 mega!
Andrew and I went to drop off my Nissan Patrol at Turbo and Diesel in Seaview as it needs about $3000.00 or $4000.00 work on it as all the seal have gone etc due to the new diesel, so they are going to look at it and give me a total quote.......argh!
Anyway - back to my chicken salad, it had huge sundried tomato's and pinenuts and 2 different dressings (sweet chilli and mayo) ON THE SIDE! I loved that they put it on the side as the 'norm', so I had the choice whether or not to put some onto the salad (which I didn't). I then finished off with a trim latte and now feel full and content.
I nearly ordered the triple chocolate brownie (which I have had in the past and it is divine) but Andrew sutlely asked if I really wanted that and I said 'no, I don't'.......aren't I a good girl!

My leg is nearly back to normal today and I think that is due to me resting it but I reckon it will be OK tomorrow for me to go for a nice long walk. Everyone keeps asking me if I will ever go roller skating again and my answer is 'hell yes!', one little sore knee isn't going to stop me.
I have my nephew's birthday this weekend so will miss skating but I will be back the week after.

3 comments:

Carla said...

ohhh yes, our mitre 10 mega has a fantastic cafe too! so ican completely imagine how nice your meal was!!
bugger about the car repairs, blardy things can cost a fortune at times!

Karen said...

Yeap cars sure can cost us a fortune at times....
Haven't checked out the cafe at Mega yet but have heard that it is quite expensive which puts Steph off! LOL

Helena said...

yay for getting back on your bucking horse! somehow ... a hardware store and a cafe just doesnt compute ... testosterone and chicken salad? hmmmmmm LOL