Monday, May 22, 2006

Back to reality

What an awesome weekend I had. We got into Wellington about 4pm and checked into our room, I must admit I was a disappointed with our room as it was a bit dated and small but 'who cares' it was ours for a night and we got over it pretty quickly. We had taken some nice clothes to get dressed up in for dinner etc but decided we would go for a walk across the road to the
Wellington Markets as I have a cousin there who has a food stall. When we left there, we thought we would go for a quick stroll around town and ended up at Reading theatre, where we went into 'Stella' for a drink (or two) and looked at what was playing as I have been wanting to see 'Sione's Wedding' for ages. We figured we had about 2.5 hours before the next sitting so we thought we would go back to our room and get dressed etc but looked at our watch and it was 6pm already and we were starving so off we went to a really nice Malaysian place (Satay Kampong on Allen St) in our jeans and sweatshirts and have an awesome dinner then into the streets again to entertain ourselves. I tell ya what, we could have just sat on the side of the street and watched everyone walking past...................god there's some weirdo's in Wellington!
Anyway - back to my story - back to the Duxton we went and up to the bar and sat there and watched the Canteberry game (of course!) and I managed to drink quite a few gins during that game and a Mars bar desert thingy that wasn't very nice (I should have known better ah?).
Back to the room where Andrew ran me a hot bubble bath and I think I must have fallen asleep in the bath for about an hour before he came back in to check on me....................LOL Bliss!

Had a big cooked breaky brought to our room at 9am the next morning (I had an omelete and toast) but I had woken up at 7.27am and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got dressed and sat at the window watching the comings and goings of Wellington. Andrew couldn't believe I wasn't snuggled up in bed (either could I) but I just couldn't sleep and didn't want to spoil it for him so I just sat at the window. After breaky we went into Wellington for another walk as we had a midday checkout and stopped for a coffee before heading back to checkout.

On the way home we decided to stop at the Warehouse and Mitre 10 to get a few more things for Dad's granny flat and that's when Mum rang to see where we were.........hehehe. We arrived home at about 2.30pm and then had my mate (Jo) and her family drop in for a coffee.

We all went to the Cossie Club for dinner as it was Mum's last night and I managed to eat all the wrong things that combined with my shocking weekend and shocking last couple of days before that showed up on the scales this morning..................ready for it....................

108.9kgs which is a GAIN of 1.3kgs in a week *sigh*. It always amazes me how quickly I can put weight on but it takes FOREVER to get off............my own fault so I am not going to moan about it.

Anyway I talked about doing my 8 week challenge thing myself but I have now changed that to a 7 week challenge as it is my birthday in 7 weeks and I am DETERMINED to get under 100kgs by that time. That is 9kgs in 7 weeks (approx 1.3 per week), now I know you are all saying 'that's too much' or 'that's unrealistic' but I know I can do it if I set my mind to it and EXERCISE. I talked to Andrew about it on Sunday morning and told him that I have to knuckle down and especially get to the gym more that once a fortnight. He said no worries, do what you have to and I'll manage (god love him). So I have started as of today and had my cereal for breaky, vitaweats for lunch and I have a weight watchers meal for dinner. I have my water bottle sitting in front of me - arghhhhhhhhhh just took a swig - and I am going to give it my all.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress......................ta ta for now.

4 comments:

Leighanne said...

Good luck with your challenge!!
Sounds like you had a great time away:)

Carla said...

ohhh your weekend sounds devine!!

I will definatly be cheering you on with your challenge!! :)

Chubbymum said...

Rachel if you have the determination and the drive then you will do it. Rub some off on me hun. Would love to lose that much in a week he he he.

Sounds like you had a great weekend and the bath sounded wonderful.

Love CM

Ang said...

Hey there!!

9kgs is realistic! You can do it, and I'm sure you will. You are so very lucky to have the support behind you. Now use it!!!!!!! Set yourself some mini goals, ie gym at least twice this week etc etc.

Looking forward to the progress over the next 7 weeks.