Tuesday, May 16, 2006

COLD, COLD, COLD

I am soooooo cold, what happened to spring? It has been freezing in Wellington for the last week or so and I have had enough. We are suppose to be getting air conditioning installed in our building, there are only 2 of us on the top floor along side the canteen and they (the powers at be) have decided that only the ground, first and second floors are getting air conditioning and not us two on the third floor................how bad is that?
The radiators that we have have now been disconnected while they are installing the air conditioning and they won't be turned back on which means, everyone gets lovely air conditioning at the end of it all except us plus we won't even be getting back the old shitty radiators *sigh*. It looks like it is going to be an extra cold winter.

OK, I've finished moaning now.....................LOL

Mum cooked an awesome dinner last night (Shepherd's pie), she was a bit suprised when she asked what I wanted and I said Shepherd's pie because I think she wanted to cook something a bit fancier but I reckon there's nothing better on a cold night than that. It was lovely and I ate far to much and suffered for it the rest of the night (heartburn).

I finally get to pick up my truck today (well its actually a Nissan Patrol 4x4 but it feels like a truck) as the mechanic has fixed a whole heap of things BUT he also needs to fix the turbo in it but the parts won't arrive for 4 days and I need it now as Mum is here and driving her car (which I drive when she is in Aussie). It is costing an arm and a leg but at least when I get it back it will be humming.

Not much else happening really - Oh yeah............with Mum here, she has offered to watch the kids on Saturday night so Andrew and I can go away for the night and go out for dinner and then sleep in the next morning (bliss) and we thought about Palmy, then Wellington City and have now decided (we think) that we will just go and stay at the Totara Lodge which is just around the corner because it has the best restaurant and I have been dying to go back there.
Plus we can drink and then just walk next door, crash and then have a sleep in the next morning.........pathetic ah? But that's all we want to do, spend a bit of time together and have a sleep in which 2 little boys waking us up at 6.30am in the morning.

Well I'd better get back to work...........yuk!

2 comments:

Carla said...

i think spring starts in August or September :) i think its Autumn now, i cant imagine how cold it is down there cos its blardy cold up here too! heaters and electric blankets going full tit!

great news on your loss! thats wonderful! sounds like your loving having your mum there too, Saturday sounds like great fun!

Karen said...

Well done on your loss hun!
And yes it is a bit too chilly here at the moment and they say it is only going to get worse in about July!
Yes the restaraunt in Totara Lodge is awesome!!! :)