Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My new best friend

Good ole' George Forman, that's my new bestest friend............LOL
I got home last night with some rump steak and chicken breasts and quickly made up a nice lettuce salad and threw some oven bake chips into the oven and turned on the 'george forman grill'. I can honestly say that by the time the chips were cooked 20 minutes I had cooked all 4 large steaks and 2 chicken breasts, set the table and was dishing up the kids meals......quick, quick, quick (love that!). I sat down with 1 chicken breast and salad and only a few chips and felt very satisfied plus it only took 20 minutes all up.
I now can't wait to see what else I can cook for myself with my new toy *giggle*.

Mum has cooked chicken pie with steamed vegetables for tonight, so that will be lovely. I also have my eldest sister coming over tonight as she hasn't seen Mum since she got here.

Andrew just rang me to say he picked up the kids early from Kohanga and is going to take them to McDonalds for a play, so I am going to meet him there on the way home and have a coffee.

Because Dad's granny flat is currently getting built, he has been spending most days and evening in the house so as not to get in the builders way PLUS Mum has been staying and when they divorsed it was all very friendly etc but they still have the occasional dig at each other which can be really draining so Andrew and I are taking advantage of Mum being here and are going to have a night in town while she watches the kids.
I got a awesome deal for the Duxton (which I love) on that www.whotif.com website for Saturday night which includes a late (1pm) check-out, 2 cooked breakfasts and a bottle of bubbly waiting for us in the room - - - bliss - - -, so this will give us a bit of time alone which will be well deserved. I am now counting down the hours .............. LOL.

Talk to ya later.....................

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yay for George Foreman Grills! We have one and we love it! Use it heaps for all sorts of things!
And oh your night away sounds devine - sounds like its just what you two need *wink wink*

Carla said...

oh your night away sounds lovely! you will love it so much! ive been looking at George Foreman grills lately too (bit of a product freak, anything to make my life easier and healthier!) and have heard nothing but great things about them, will ask for one for christmas i think because i didnt get one for mothers day like i asked!