Thursday, May 11, 2006

Slacker

Well I didn't go for my walk yesterday, I could say it was because my knee was still a little bit sore but really it was because I am a lazy tart. Then to top things off I had chinese takeaway for dinner...............naughty, naughty, naughty!

I was running so late this morning that by the time I got the kids dressed, feed and bags packed for school, I raced out the door (running late again) and didn't have any breakfast or take any lunch..............not going to be a good day I'm guessing.
We have a canteen at our work but everything is deepfried but I did manage to get 2 bits of white toast (smothered in butter thanks to the canteen staff) and have put a little bit of strawberry jam on them.

I told Andrew that I might be home a bit late tonight as I have 10 thousand things going on at work today and then I have to be at my sister's house for a Linen party at 7pm so I suggested that he make spaghetti for dinner which is quick and easy and I can try out my new gadget thing to cook the pasta in. I got it from Briscoes and you put the pasta in it, fill it will boiling water, put the lid on and it cooks in the container and then it has a strainer on the top - so you just tip it out onto a plate. I usually drain my spaghetti once its cooked so I don't know how that will work but I will give it a try...........I love new toys.

My mother arrives from Australia late tomorrow night so I am going to do the big clean up tonight and get it out of the way (ironing, washing, bathrooms etc). The one thing she does do that I love is CLEAN MY OVEN, I hate that job and she loves it (weird ah?) so at least I know I will have a clean oven by the weekend. We are putting her in the boys room (they currently share) and putting Adam (still in a cot) in our room while she is here because Andrew uses the spare room now for an office (and its a mess) plus we are hoping to get french doors put in next week, so there might be a gaping hole in the wall for a day or two. Reece thinks this is the best idea since sliced bread as he can sit up and talk to Nana all night and then get into bed with her in the morning for a cuddle................HAHAHAHAHA. My mother usually sleeps to about 10am (retired) and doesn't usually have a 4 year old waking her at 6.15am for a cuddle in a single bed - can't wait to see that!

Well I am really busy, so I'd better get back to it. Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Hi Rachel - thanks for saying hello on my blog! I have not read yours before so I'll add it to my list of "reads".

Carla said...

those spagetti things look cool, youll have to let us know how you liked it when you used it! i wish someone could come and clean my oven! your very lucky! lol being pregnant its one things im not allowed to do... its getting desperate! i may have to pay someone!!!!